Research projects - Thi Hoa Pahlisch
Impact of shocks on the vulnerability to poverty: consequences for development of emerging Southeast Asian economies.
Teilprojekt TP 03: "The capacity of agriculture to adjust to economic crisis and environmental shocks in Thailand and Vietnam"
1. Investigating the changing role of agriculture before and after economic crisis in Thailand
2. Analyzing the capacity of agriculture to adjust to environmental shocks in Vietnam
3. Comparing and assessing the structural adjustment processes in agriculture in Thailand and Vietnam in view of economic crisis and environmental change
4. Contribute to advancing the vulnerability concepts by incorporating agricultural household decision models
5. Advance the concept of risk measurement
1. Household level data collection to establish a panel data set
2. Quantitative analysis using panel data models
Keywords: vulnerability, shocks, Thailand, coping strategies, rural development